Sunday, October 9, 2011

D - The Daring

I have much to update about, but thought I'd finish my blogs about each of the children before getting to all of that.

D is my middle child and all boy! He turned 6 in June and is in the first grade. 

He was enamored with BJ's cap on the first visit, so when he came to visit us here, he found the smallest cap he could (BJ has quite a collection) and we let him wear it home with him.  I am pretty sure he loves it as he has been wearing it whenever we've seen him since then.  He is a good eater and really isn't picky at all. I remember the first weekend, the foster dad told us that when D hugs you, you can feel it.  He is a very loving child and full of energy.  I'm pretty sure both of us have been almost tackled to the floor upon arrival at their house to pick them up. He pretty much runs outside and to the car whenever we come.

He is a skinny little guy as his jeans that are long enough, basically fall off of him. He does this funny thing where he makes his face turn red, but every time, he flexes the muscles in his arm.  It makes me die laughing.  He bought a fake mustache out of one of the machines at Cicis and wore it basically all weekend.  So funny!  He bought one for BJ too so I expect he'll make BJ wear his next time we see them.

He wants to do whatever everyone else is doing and wants desperately to fit in.  I talked to the girls about getting their toenails painted and he chimed in that he wanted to also, and didn't even care if they were pink. He informed me was manly enough for pink.

He keeps an eye on all of us to make sure we are being fair and he will let you know if he thinks he is getting the short end of the stick.

He loves money and found 8 pennies over the weekend which he stores safely in his pocket.

While at the children's museum, there was a station where the kids could paint their own faces.  He wanted us to paint him like spiderman, but I didn't even know where to begin with that, so he took it upon himself.  By the time he was done, he was a tiger, with yellow/orange skin, black stripes and a blue nose.  And he was very proud.

He loves to make things with paper and is always asking if we have any.  He folds it all sorts of ways and makes things for us.  I have to admit that besides his paper airplanes, he has to tell me what he has made.  I haven't developed the ability to tell what kids are making yet.

He is very giving and is always thinking of others. He always wants to make something for his foster brother or someone else he knows.

I love my little man and am excited to learn more about him and see how God will use him in the future.

No comments: