Sunday, July 22, 2012

23w1d

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 23 Weeks 1 Day
Size of baby: more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, about the size of a large mango
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 8.5 pounds as of my last doctors appointment at 21 weeks 3 days. I'm starting to gain the normal one pound per week.  My doctor hasn't said anything about my weight, so I'll assume its fine (not too little or too much). I am trying to not use pregnancy as an excuse to eat everything in sight and gain excess weight so I can be back to my normal size quickly after Seth is born.
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes and one or two size up clothes that aren't maternity with my belly band.
Gender: Boy, Seth Edward Fowler
Movement: At my last doctor's appointment, he said I'd be feeling movement soon and boy, was he right. 2 days later I felt Seth kick for the first time, or I think I did.  Since then, I've felt him at least once a day.  I don't think its obvious enough for someone on the outside to feel  or see yet, but maybe soon BJ will be able to feel him.
Sleep: I am sleeping normally most nights.  I have been able to get comfortable sleeping on either the right or left side most of the time.
What I miss: bending over comfortably and cute high heels
Cravings: None.  Also, no consistent food aversions, but on occasion something will smell or sound horrible.  It depends on the moment
Symptoms: being generally uncomfortable, back pain, frequent potty breaks
Best moment this week: Getting Seth's bedding and crib. Now just to get the crib put together in his room.


In a couple of weeks I have my gestational diabetes testing and I'm getting my thyroid levels retested.  Don't know if I've posted on here or not, but last year when I was doing fertility treatments, I was diagnosed with borderline hyperthyroidism, so I've been taking a thyroid supplement.  That has to be monitored during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriage early and other complications.  Last time it was tested, I was borderline high (which really means I am on the verge of not needing the supplement at all) but they have been keeping me on the supplement because of the risk if my thyroid is too low during pregnancy.  Not really looking forward to the testing, but ready to get it done really.  I've heard the good the bad and the ugly about it, so just ready to cross another hurdle. 

I don't really want the pregnancy to end but I'm quickly learning this is going way too fast.  I think I'll miss this.  It is such a blessing to be in a place I cried countless hours hoping for, praying for, and to see God bringing this to pass for me.  Because he loves me.  I really don't know if we'll have any more kids, but if I only get to experience this once, I think I'll be sad about that.  This has been relatively easy for me and I'm grateful. I'd love to do this again, but we'll have to decide if that's really what God wants for us and our family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know just how you feel. I miss being pregnant, referring to the 2nd and 3rd trimester of course! LOL

Unknown said...

BTW, I love seeing that belly!