Saturday, July 28, 2012

Time to Fight

We live in a world where people try to do everything alone and really don't want everyone knowing what is going on.  As a Christian, I find it hard to balance between being compassionate and caring and "bearing each others burdens" and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.  So I tend to err on the side of caution to avoid getting yelled at and in turn appear apathetic and like a snob.

But I'm not doing it any more. I believe that as Christians we have used this "mind your own business" mentality as an excuse to do nothing far to long.  We have let our brothers and sisters in Christ hurt and be hurt, build walls around themselves, and slowly drift away while we are too self absorbed, or scared to interfere and so we watch idly by.

But its time to fight. I don't have to know the details to be able to bring them before my Father and fight for the restoration of their souls.  For healing where there is pain.  For wisdom in difficult situations. For strength to endure despite the devil's efforts to steal everything God has given. So today, I choose to fight. Not for myself, but for those who are too weak to fight, who don't think they can make it through.

And I can do it on my knees without them ever knowing.

No comments: