Saturday, July 7, 2012

The New Normal

These past few weeks have been down right crazy.  No, everything is still not unpacked and there are some minor things that still need taken care of, but for the most part, our whirlwind is over and we are settling into the new normal here at the Fowler abode.

I went back to work yesterday after vacation and then the holidays.  Not that I like getting up early, but its been nice to get into a routine with the kids again.  Starting next week, they will be at the YMCA for 4 weeks, then three weeks with alternating grand parents, and then school starts.

We are loving our new house.  And our calves are in top shape thanks to the stairs.  The main things left downstairs is putting up the china in the china cabinet and getting things on the walls.  They look so bare after they were so full before the move.

Life has been so much easier since the adoption, but I think it's mostly mental.  We don't have anyone looking over our shoulders anymore and we don't have to report to everyone, so it just seems more like a normal family with normal kids and not the constant supervision.

I am now 21 weeks pregnant and doing really well.  We are over the half way mark and it feels good.  I think I read too many blogs, but I was at least a little worried that we would lose this baby, but things seem to be going well and normal for us.  I like normal.  Normal is good. I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday.

Ok, now for a few catchup preggo pics.
18 Weeks


21 Weeks
 I am definitely looking pregnant and even got asked at the gym this morning how far along I was.  Sounds like progress to me.  The last few times I've went to the gym I was sure I just looked fat and not pregnant. I think this picture shows how tired I am.  But getting back to a routine will help I think. I haven't felt the baby move yet, but I don't know what it feels like since this is my first pregnancy.  My doctor doesn't count flutters and he says I'll know when the child kicks me.

Speaking of which, we have a name.  He is name is Seth Edward Fowler. It was set for a while before we found out what we were having, I just wasn't sure I wanted to share because I've heard how ruthless people can be.  Most people don't say anything when I tell them, and that's fine.  This isn't their child so their opinion really makes no difference to me.  Daniel (hey I actually got to write his name out since the adoption is final) says he is going to call the baby Bopper, but I think he's just being silly, which is pretty normal for him.


I am looking forward to being at church tomorrow. We haven't been in two weeks between vacation and then the 4th of July holiday this past Wednesday.

3 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Sandra, you look awesome! Good for you! Try not to think about loosing the baby, even though it's hard. I still think about it. Love the name! Hope you're feeling good!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

you look great! Hope you are feeling good. Enjoy, it goes by quickly!

Paula-Beth said...

Is the middle name after someone special??