Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy 8 Months, Seth!

 Seth, you are such a big boy. Smiling all the time, talking all the time, sitting up by yourself (except when you get so excited that you fall over).  Your favorite sounds are dadadadada, babababa, and tatatata. I think that last one is you feeling your teeth with your tongue. It kind of sounds like you are whispering so I whisper back and you giggle.  You have really gotten chunky in this past month and I am so grateful! It is almost hard to imagine that they were concerned that you weren't gaining enough weight.
 You are wearing 6-9 month clothes mostly, except for pants still because you are kind of a short little guy. I can't imagine where you get that from. You are in a size 3 diaper and I'd guess you weigh about 20 pounds, but you haven't been weighed at the doctors since 6 months.
 This month you have gotten your first two teeth and really found a love for food. You are still eating 6 times a day about 5 ounces each time in addition to 2-3 4 oz bottles of baby food. I was really cautious introducing you to any fruit because I wanted you to love veggies and other things too. Now you pretty much anything I give you. I am trying to teach you baby signs for "all done" "more" and "milk." Sometimes it sounds like you are saying all done, but no signs yet.
 You roll both directions pretty well (front to back and back to front) but haven't gotten the hang of getting around except by rolling back and forth. If we put you on your stomach, you are pretty good at pushing yourself backwards, but then you get mad because you aren't getting what you are going for.  When we hand you something to play with you always say a few sounds to us, so we have taken that to mean thank you and respond with your welcome. You are waving your arm hi and bye at people when they wave at you.
This past weekend you ate so much at lunch (a jar of food mixed with oatmeal to make it a thicker consistency that you like) that you went 5 hours during the day between nursing. I really want you to keep nursing until one year, so I am trying to be cautious to nurse you first and then fill you up with food and not the other way around or I'll be putting myself out of a job.

This month was the first time I have actually realized how much easier my life is because you are a boy and not a girl. You are just so easy and accessories are minimal. You prefer to be barefooted and I'm okay with that since you aren't walking yet. Grandpa calls you a hillbilly since you are always barefooted. I think your fat feet are cute.

I really can't imagine life without you. You are so much fun and so sweet. I think you've changed us and everyone you come in contact with leaves with a smile.

This month I wrote you a name song and it always makes you smile.

S is for super boy
E is for extrordinary
T is for talks to me
H is for happy, happy

Seth, Seth, SETH Seth. I love my boy and he loves me SETH Seth.

I love you so much and my life is so much better with you in it.

~Mommy.

No comments: