Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mid Summer Catch Up

Summer is almost half way done. Already.

This week the kids started at daycare for 4 weeks.  I like to put them in some organized childcare for 4 weeks during the summer to give them some structure and time to socialize. They get to go and do cool things and overall love it. And the grandparents get a break.  Well, at least from the older kids. Seth is still with them, but it is much easier to have one than four.

This week is also unusual because BJ is working nights. He is setting the Back to School module at Walmart and the easiest time of day to do that is the middle of the night. So, he has been taking a nap for a few hours in the evenings before he goes to work and then trying to sleep during the day while we are all gone.  He also picks the kids up from daycare and takes Haley to Mathnasium for an hour. I pick her up on the way home and we have dinner (which he has been handling before he goes to try and nap a few hours.) This week has definitely been different for us.

I know that I already posted on facebook, but so I can find and track it, Seth has been going to sleep when the kids do without really a fight at all. Babies thrive on a schedule, or at least he seems to.  He also got his first tooth breaking through his gums yesterday. He's been druling and teething for what seems like forever, so I'm glad he finally got some relief when his tooth broke through. He is eating so well and I really feel like he has a routine going. I will probably recap some of this when I do his 8 month post in a few days. He will be 8 months old on Sunday. It is just so hard to believe my little guy is not a tiny baby any more.

Jill, my sister, and her family got moved down to San Antonio the weekend of Father's Day, so they are only 4.5 hours away now. She was able to come up for her birthday and the 4th of July and we really enjoyed seeing her.

On July 4th, I was able to scrapbook a couple of pages from her wedding scrapbook. My goal is to get it finished by her 5 year anniversary in November. That is all fine and good, except I haven't even touched it since February. But I was able to get most of it finished on Saturday the 6th. I think I only have 2-3 pages left. The kids really enjoyed watching me work on it, so I think we are going to try and get some of my past scrapbooking caught up and let them help, or at least play with some of the paper and stickers I have. I have so much stuff I will never get rid of it all. I have a tendency to buy big paper packs, so there is always some paper I don't prefer. I think I have 1 or 2 vacations from before we got the kids (almost 2 years ago) and the first months with the kids to scrapbook and then I'll be caught up. I think I am going to make digital photobooks for each year for Seth and then just keep a family scrapbook going of vacations and special events as we go.

It feels so good to get some scrapbooking done.  It makes me remember why I fell in love with it to begin with. It's fun to relive the memories, which I guess is the whole point anyways.

I am liking our new schedule as far as work and kids at daycare is concerned. Too bad it only lasts for 4 weeks before it changes again. The older kids are going on a small vacation with my inlaws the first full week of August and they are really excited.  I am not ready to send Seth with them, but next year he'll really enjoy going, if they want to take him. I'm not sure I would want to take a 21 month old on vacation with 3 older kids. They get along well, but he will definitely not be self sufficient at that point and may just be an extra burden. We'll let them decide when the time comes. 

Time is flying, busy as usual, and life is good. I am so blessed with the family God has given me. It's a little crazy at times, but that's what memories are made of.

No comments: