Friday, May 8, 2015

Leaning

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What a blessedness,what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms.
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Learning to lean, learning to lean.
I'm learning to lean on Jesus
I'm finding more power than I ever dreamed
I'm learning to lean on Jesus

Two different old songs about learning to trust God more.  I know that hymns are not scripture, but often times they contain solid truth and God uses them to speak to me.

These songs provide a list of the result of trusting in God: joy, blessedness, peace, safety, POWER.

Last Sunday I had a prophetic word spoken over me. It was about an anointing/calling God is entrusting me with. If that all feels weird to you, let me clarify by saying what God spoke did not come to me as a surprise. God had already been speaking some of the same things to me for months if not years, so I took it all as a confirmation from God. (I explain some of that because I am totally aware that just as there are real prophets there are also false prophets. It is not wisdom to change the course of your life or jump off a cliff so to speak based on what someone prophecies over you if it doesn't resonate with you and what you've already felt God speaking.)

One of the things that was spoken was that the power of God would be great in me. Getting back to the song, the power of God can be found in us when we learn to lean and trust in him. If I can't learn to lean, I can abandon my own calling and what God wants to do through me.

I just want God to do whatever he wants. I don't want to mess this up. So I have no choice but to learn to lean. It's hard for me (is trusting really ever easy?). So I will continue to come to the throne of grace and receive mercy to help me in my time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)


No comments: