Sunday, May 17, 2015

Turn It Around

For a while now (probably since about February) our Sunday School class has basically been non existent. We had 3 pretty regulars for a while and now they are working most weekends and we may have our class once a month. So when we don't have a class, we have chosen to attend the Sunday School class the meets in the sanctuary. This class used to be the Senior Adult class, but since no one wants to promote themselves from the adult class where you can drink coffee and eat breakfast to this class for senior saints, it has turned into kind of a hodge lodge people who chose to be in that class, who are not mostly seniors.

So today in Sunday School something was said that really struck me. Whenever the devil has a plan to attack, God is immediately working to frustrate him and turn it around for the good of his children. In that process we rarely see God moving because we are forced to face the devil head on, and yet God is turning things around. When we look back and reflect, we can see Gods hand through the entire struggle moving behind the scenes because that is what he does. Always turning what we experience as horrible and unfair into favor and blessings.

It's been a tough two weeks for a number of reasons, mainly because I feel that God is stretching me and growing me for what is next. Obviously, that doesn't make the devil happy. And he should be scared! I'm pretty stubborn and I don't give in easily. I may be down on occasion, but he would be stupid to count me out.

Every step I have determined to continue my morning devotions. Whether I have felt they were as beneficial as I have hoped or not. I have continued to study the Word as God leads and I'm feeling strengthened and revived.

Today at the second church service, God's presence just came and settled in such a sweet and powerful way.  And I left feeling new, strengthened and equipped for the upcoming struggles and tests.

I am scheduled to preach in the afternoon service on May 31st and really feel like I know what God wants me to share. I'm still listening to make sure I am following God and not my feelings, but I'm pretty sure, unless God changes it again. Which he is welcome to do. I am not on an ego trip but I just want to share truth from God's word to help others grow and be encouraged.

I am also leading worship on June 7th while my parents are out of town, so there are a couple of open doors coming up. I just want to be led by the Holy Spirit and I want God to have his way, so I'm seeking God for direction and am keeping myself always before him so I can follow how he leads.

No comments: