Wednesday, August 17, 2011

But God is Faithful

I have learned over the years that I need God to be different things for different seasons of my life. No, God doesn't change, but there are certain parts of his character that I hold onto tighter as I go through different parts of this journey. But God is Faithful. This is my answer to whatever I am going through right now. I can't tell you what is going to happen or not or how everything will turn out or not, but I know that God's will is being accomplished in our lives and He is doing what only He can do. But God is faithful. This doesn't mean He always gives me what I want or what I think I need. He is always loyal to me, on my side, defending me, fighting for me, and providing His perfect will in my life. Behind the scenes, always moving, always working His plan, especially when I can't see Him or grasp what He is doing. And its okay that I don't understand or see or know it all. When I think of the word faithful, it brings me back to a chapel service while I was at SAGU getting my undergrad degree. That day we had a student speaker and I really have no idea who it was other than that it was a guy. I don't know if his entire sermon was about God's faithfulness, but I do remember how he described God's faithfulness. I can here his constant chant of "Faithful. Faithful. Faithful, faithful faithful. Faithful. Faithful. Faithful, faithful faithful." No matter what the circumstances were, no matter what anyone said or did to try and interrupt him the chant continued. Just like God's faithfulness. Never ending. Not dependent on anything except God's character which also doesn't waver. He always hears, always sees, and is always working for me. Because He is a faithful God.

1 comment:

BMoore said...

Awesome song, I believe for you and with you Amen