Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quirky

I am not a forgetful person. I pride myself in being to remember birthdays and random facts about people that I am told once. I absolutely love to memorize things, especially just to prove I can. I kind of take it as a challenge and if you know me, you know I love a challenge or competition that I think I can win. (On a short rabbit trail, I am pretty competitive, but not if I don't have the ability to win. For example, I have never played a team sport besides in P.E. and am not athletically inclined. I will not take you up on a challenge to play a sport because I know that the chances are it won't even be a competition and who really likes being humiliated? Not me. However, if you present me with an academic challenge or something I can reasonable expect to at least be competitive in, I am there. Case & Point: We had a walking challenge at work a few years back. The contest was which team could walk the most steps in a month. So we all got pedometers and logged our steps daily. My team, let just say they weren't as competitive as I was, so I had to carry the weight of the team because I wanted to win. So I did whatever it took. I was constantly walking in place if I was standing up and walking somewhere like 40,000 steps in a single day multiple times. I knew I had the ability to win and definitely did everything in my power to do so. We didn't win, but I was at least competitive in that competition. I am not a sore loser, I just want to be a contender if I'm going to compete, if you know what I mean. Wow, that trail was way longer than I intended.) So I have a good memory. And I have misplaced something important to me and it is driving me batty. I remember saying, "I'll put it here (wherever "here" is) so I won't lose it." Yeah, obviously, that isn't working out too well for me. I have checked in all the drawers and other places I thought I might have put it to no avail. I only tell you about it at all because I wanted to share it with you. I have seen it not that long ago, so it can't be too far lost, right? So frustrating. I am normally so organized. Hmmmm. Hopefully next time I blog I get to share with you...assuming I find it. I will find it if I have to tear this house apart. Well, not really. I really don't like my house being torn apart. Someone must be thinking I am quite an odd duck about now. Loving to memorize and being so crazily competitive. If you think that's odd, you should watch me eat a meal, one item at a time, turning the plate as I go. This drives my coworker, Shannon, crazy. But don't be so quick to judge. We all have something weird about us and if you don't, you are in denial or have been hiding it so long, not even you remember. None of us are the same, NONE OF US. And none of us are normal because there is no such thing. God made you just the way you are, including all your quirky habits. So be free to be you, because that's how God made you to be. Now, back to searching...

No comments: