Saturday, December 31, 2011

Getting Back to Being Myself

I am sitting here at the computer while the kids and hubby are sleeping and I'm uploading pics to snapfish so I can order prints and get back in my scrapbooking groove.  And I'm loving it.  It feels good to get back to being myself.  No, I am not the same person I was 11 weeks ago when God saw fit to give us these three blessings, but I am starting to feel like I am back to normal. Yes, my free time is severely limited these days, but with the kids getting in a groove of sorts, I am pretty sure I can make some time to get some things scrapbooked and spend me time.  And I'm excited about the possibility. The kids are getting into painting these large color pages we got them for Christmas, and between that and all the other things they now have to entertain themselves, I am hoping to get 1-2 pages scrapbooked every weekend until I get some things caught up.  And if the kids want to use some of my stuff, and just be generally crafty, I am good with that.  Have you seen the amount of paper I have accumulated?  It is quite ridiculous if I do say so myself and I'm pretty sure D will gladly use some of it to create something, anything, he can dream up.  I will probably alternate working on my sister's wedding scrapbook I promised her 3 years ago when she got married (ouch!) and some pages of our days with the kids so far.  I know I am a few vacations behind, but if I can keep the kids stuff kinda current, I'm hoping to get to that older stuff some day. So I am ordering pictures of Jill's wedding and things we did with the kids so I'll have everything I need to be able to pick up and put down scrapbooking fairly easily, one page at a time.

And January is coming.  January is probably my busiest month of the year at work with all of the year end payroll I am in charge of.  I have ordered all the payroll forms and am actually excited to get into the meat of it and get it done.  I love me some payroll.  Really! I do!  I love being in charge of something that I am good at and I love the nitty gritty details of everything.  And I love the fact that no one else really loves it like I do so no one is threatening to take my payroll away.  Obviously, I have been away from a busy work schedule for a while now and am just ready to get my hands dirty and get it done.

I really think the part time schedule, combined with the days I've taken off of work around the holidays has really done me some good.  I haven't worked a 40 hour week in a while and I am ready to get back into it. One more week until all that starts though, since I am off until next Thursday with the kiddos. So next week will be filled with doctor's appointments and getting some thank you cards done as well as getting the kids back on a normal sleeping routine as we head into the second half of the school year. And maybe, just maybe, I can get the kids busy doing something and get some scrapbooking done.  

It's good to be back!

No comments: