Friday, June 21, 2013

Attention World: We Have a 4th Grader

Haley's award's ceremony was on Tuesday June 4th (Sorry I am a little late posting, but vacation and getting ready for that took precedence).
 Haley got the Bluebonnet Reader award and Math Fact Master award for memorizing her multiplication facts. I am so proud of her!
Her teacher, Mrs. Grimaldo, was just fabulous with her! I really hope Daniel gets her for the third grade.  When I was taking this picture, Mrs. G had her hand around Haley and she was just standing all stiff. Mrs. G told her "Put your arm around me and act like you like me, girlfriend." Haley has been repeating that when someone has wanted to take her picture ever since. So funny the things that stick in your kids' brains.

Mrs. G said that Haley has improved so much this year. We are praying that going into 4th grade, she will continue her streak of good behavior and focus. Next year will be the first year my kids will be going to a repeat school.  Between foster care and then our move last summer, they have switched schools multiple times. I think it'll be good to not have to be the new kid again.

Right now Haley is at Mathnasium. We have signed her up for 6 months of extra math help. She was so excited to go this morning, so that's a good sign, or at least I think it is. I am really praying that God will open her mind to learn and grasp some of the concepts she has been struggling with.  

I know that you can do it sweetheart, and I am looking forward to many more great years of school and life with you.

It is kind of sad to realize that I only have 9 more years of school with her (through high school) and then she will be off to college or whatever else God has for her. I missed so much with her since she was almost 8 when she became a part of our family. I don't want her to grow up but to stay little forever. I feel that way about all of my kids, just notice it more with her since she will be in the double digits in January.

They just grow up too fast...way too fast.

No comments: