Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vacation Part 2

Day 2 we headed to Fort Collins, but not without a stop at the Raton Pass first.

We also stopped for lunch in south Denver and met with a friend who I've known for a while, but never met in person. It was so nice to get to meet Adele, but I forgot to get a picture with her. She is such a sweet spirit and has become an adopted grandmother of sorts to me. She faithfully prays for me and encouraged me on my struggle to get the family God promised me. I am so glad we did that and will have to make a point to get together with her each time we go see my grandparents.

We stayed at the KOA in Fort Collins for Thursday through Saturday nights and it was really nice. Our cabin had a queen bed in a separate room, a bunk bed and couch that the three older kids rotated between.  It also had a shower, a full refrigerator, and central air conditioning.  The KOA had a great playground, swimming pool, gocarts and other things for rent as well as activities throughout. I would definitely stay there again when we head that way in the summer.

We had the annual Daggett family Christmas/Bingo on Friday night June 14th.  On Saturday we stayed at the KOA all day and relaxed including some fishing by BJ and the kids. Sunday morning, we packed up, went to church with my grandparents and then moved our stuff over to their house for a few nights.
Looking out

Sweet Face

Raton Pass

On the top bunk in the cabin

K's funny face

D's funny face

H's funny face

The Playground

Monkey bars

Fishing with Dad

No comments: