Friday, June 21, 2013

What does God's presence feel like?

Last night during our Bible time with the kids Haley asked me how it feels when God is near you. I tried to describe it as warmth or like a big hug but on the inside, or goose bumps, but really words don't even begin to describe it. She really wants to feel God, so I'm praying that he will let her feel he is near. I was kinda at a loss as to what to tell her to do except ask God to help her feel him.

Last night in The Battlefield of the Mind, I read that it really all begins with being aware of God's presence and love for us. If we don't quiet ourselves or let ourselves feel he is with us, we won't. I guess I have just learned to be aware of God's presence, so that all made sense to me. But how do you teach that to someone who has never experienced God? Based on some of the experiences and conversations Haley and I have had, I think she's felt God's presence before, but just didn't identify it as such.  It's so awesome as a mom to see your kids have a hunger for God!

No comments: