Sunday, June 2, 2013

God Speaks

Last Monday I started a personal Bible study that I felt like God was leading me to do and God just exploded his word to me. I have had this happen before, as I guess you'd know if you've read even half of the "God Speaks" category blogs, but never quite like this.  I went into the study with an idea of what I would find in God's word on the topic I was studying, but God definitely connected some dots I hadn't even seen before. It was amazing! God's word was so alive and teaching me more about him in a way I have never had happen before.

Then today at church some of the same verses and ideas were brought up again. It was a confirmation to me that I really was hearing God and not just making something up or forcing things to connect in God's word. I wasn't seeking out confirmation at all, but the study that I had done fit into everything God was doing so perfectly. I almost told Pastor what God had showed me and then decided against it. I am trying to be very careful about when I share my heart and the words that God gives me. I have learned to protect my heart and wait for clear direction to share. If I don't feel released in that way, I don't share.

So my dilemma comes in who is this study for (just me personally or should I share with others) and how should this revelation be shared. I can dream up all kinds of possibilities, but I don't just want an opportunity I can force to happen, but to be walking divinely in the path God has for me. It's hard to know for sure, so I am learning to wait on God.

A few weeks back or maybe longer God spoke very clearly to me through someone else that he was going to reveal things to me and I should study them out and write it down then wait for direction. (This also was confirmation of what I felt God was leading me to do.)  So that's what I'm doing.

On a side note, I do bounce things off of B.J. He has really become a source of strength for me. I am learning to lean on his leadership as the head of my household and my spiritual leader. 

It is so exciting to see God's promises come true. It confirms to me that I am hearing God clearly and that God does have plans to use me in ways I could never even dream of. Thank you God! God never forgets his word. Sometimes, it feels like he's forgotten, but he hasn't. He's working behind the scenes and always, always knows what he's doing. Any promise he has spoken is worth hanging on to, no matter how long you have to wait to see it fulfilled in your life.

No comments: