Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Body

Daniel has been doing so well at school. He's gotten three good behavior marks this week. This is a record for him. And even on the week before a holiday break. I don't know about you, but for my kids this week is really hard. They are so excited about the upcoming Christmas festivities, the thought of actually doing school this week is really hard for them. I think this is pretty typical.

Last year this week Daniel almost got sent to the principal's office because he was out of control. And distracting others. And easily upset and angered. His teacher at the time was more patient than she needed to be and tried to be understanding and opted to write me a long note about the rough day he had.

One year ago I was desperately wanting to take Daniel off of his meds (gradually with the doctor's help) and he was fighting me.  Because he said he couldn't be good without his meds because he was a bad kid. I tried to show him support. I tried to encourage him to keep trying but things seemed hopeless.

I know that ADHD doesn't go away or get better, but I was praying that God would heal my boy. Because I didn't want him to be "that kid." The one that was different. The one that couldn't control himself and just be normal.

So today when I reminded Daniel that I thought he couldn't be good without his medicine he smiled from ear to ear and said "That was my old body mom. I have a new body now and I can do whatever I need to do. I'm not that kid anymore." And it made me smile. I love seeing God beat the odds and do the impossible. I am so grateful he is healing my kids.  I am not saying that there is anything wrong with medicine or treating your kids for ADHD or the diagnosis itself, but God gave me faith to believe for a miracle for my boy and He's just big enough to grant that for me. God is so faithful!

1 comment:

The Ziebarth Family said...

Love this so much!! Praise the Lord!