Friday, December 7, 2012

Time Management

I think the most difficult thing about being the mom of a new baby that I am breastfeeding is the scheduling of my life.  Before, even with the three kids, I could take off (with a kid or two in tow) and run errands for hours on end and come home feeling accomplished. Now, my entire life has to be scheduled in 2-3 hour increments before Seth is hungry again. I am not comfortable feeding him in public, although I could feed him in the car between errands, but haven't gotten in the habit of doing that. So I split up my errands into manageable pieces between Seth's feedings.

Today, I went to the Paragon Outlets in Grand Prairie to work on Christmas shopping.  Before Seth, I probably would have spent most of the day out there, but today I was only there a few hours and managed to finish the kid's Christmas and get a few other things purchased.  This is what is taking the most getting used to for me.  It's also why I feel less productive in general right now.  That and the laying around the house most of the day. It's just easier than trying to be as productive and take care of what Seth needs.

And when there is a scheduled time for something, I try to feed him as close to when I need to leave as possible so I can possibly avoid having to feed him while I am out. Before I go back to work I will get a milk supply stored up which should make things easier since he'll be eating breastmilk then too.

Overall, one inconvenience isn't too bad or at least I don't think so.

No comments: