Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome to Mommyhood

I absolutely love being Mommy to this sweet little boy. I know that I was a mom before and I wouldn't trade my three older kids for anything and love them soooo much, but being a mom to an infant is different. He needs me and I love to be needed. My heart explodes when people comment on how pretty he is and how good of a baby he is. Because he is mine.  Not that I really have anything to do with the fact he is down to one mid-night feeding or the fact that he is very calm and goes to anyone rather easily or the fact he is so alert when he is awake, but I take pride in my baby. The one I will never forget that God gave me.

I have heard people say that didn't like the baby stage, but I am loving it. I love being the only one that can feed him and I love that he knows who I am, even at such a young age. And it doesn't bother me when he cries (probably because he doesn't cry much and is rarely inconsolable). I like the fact I can seem to calm him down when no one else can.  Because I have learned him and his ways and he has learned mine.

People have said they would steal him he is so cute and that is fine, for a few hours. But I know he will be back because I am his Mommy and sometimes, no one else will do.

Jill and I used to kid around that I could raise our kids as babies and she would take them as toddlers because I prefer the baby stage and she prefers a little older.  And I still feel that way.  Babies are fun when they get a little older and are mimicking everything you do, but for now I am enjoying the cuddle, sleep all day, sweet baby days.

On a side note, Erin, my niece is just so cute. Since Jill will never update her blog (she hasn't posted since the May 2010), I will update on Erin.  She is about 18 months old and copies everything you do or say.  On Thanksgiving, our cousin Mark started winking at Erin and she immediately started trying to wink. It is the cutest thing how she scrunches up her nose and squints her eyes.  Sometimes she successfully winks and others she doesn't, but watching her try to wink is the cutest thing ever. In a year or so, or even in the summer, Erin and Seth are going to have so much fun together.

B.J. went back to work today after being off since Seth was born, so today is the first day we have gotten the kids ready for school together and then I took them all to school and am home with Seth alone for the day. He's an easy baby, so I'm sure everything will go well. I am kind of on a rolling schedule change it seems like. First, we were at the hospital.  Then we had a week of both of us home, a ton of family in town, and the kids off of school. Then, we had a week after every one went home and the kids returned to school. Now, I have 3 weeks of taking the kids to school and picking them up as well as running errands and such with Seth during the day while BJ is working. Then I have 2 weeks of the kids at home for Christmas break and BJ at work. Then it's back to what will be a more permanent schedule: Me taking the kids to school, both of us at work, Seth with grandparents during the day and grandparents picking up the older kids from school.

I am trying to enjoy these next three weeks with just Seth and me. I sure don't want to wish the time away, but I know it will be gone quickly. I have some Christmas shopping to finish up with Seth, so I am looking forward to getting some use out of my new stroller.

Life is good, God is great and I love mommyhood!!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

Yes, enjoy the time you have with just you and Seth! I looove having both of my kiddos together, but I really cherish the moments I have Elliot all to myself. It's so much fun to let him be my sole focus for a while.