Sunday, July 2, 2017

30 Blogs - Day 5

A picture of somewhere you've been to...

Pre-kids (my life is split into two eras, pre-kids, and post kids), in 2009, BJ and I went to an all inclusive resort in Cozumel Mexico. It was so relaxing! It was supposed to be our last big hurray before kids. I thought we'd have kids shortly after. It was 2 years, a lot of grief, and fertility treatments later that we adopted our kiddos.

I've told BJ that we should do it again soon. Maybe in 2019 for our 15 year anniversary. Vacations with 5 kids, while they are a break from work, and a change of pace, generally leave the mom busy and tired. I try to give me kids a break and handle everything so they can enjoy themselves, and I just end up stressed and tired and need a vacation from our vacation. :) And when our vacation involves family, which I truly am grateful for and love to see, some how I feel like everyone is watching and judging me by my kids. I am not saying this is what anyone is doing at all, but how I feel. It's hard to let go and be okay with my kids being just that, kids. Yeah, so a vacation with kids is for them. A vacation without them, that's for me.

No comments: