Friday, July 7, 2017

Surprise!!

I have know BJ longer than I haven't. We've been together since 1999. He is definitely the romantic one of us. I'm just too busy and/or practical to be romantic. Or maybe it's the fact that romanticism is determined by how it is received and he isn't the most expressive person.

Today he surprised me more than any other time I can remember. Next week our kiddos are on vacation with his mom. I'm looking forward to being childless. It just doesn't happen that often. He's off on Friday so we thought about going to a movie or something to take advantage of no kids.

Well today I got a card at work from BJ. In it was included an invitation to an overnight getaway. He booked a hotel and planned our evening and morning events without me having any idea. And the whole thing gave me butterflies and just made me feel so cherished. I was just trying to be easy, while he was being thoughtful.

My favorite kind of getaways are those I don't have to plan for that involve a lot of relax time. My favorite part of the plans is the part that says "sleep in." He and I both know I will probably stay up late or get up early and read/blog but that whole point is that I get to dictate when that happens and not the kids.

Best surprise ever! God sure gave me a keeper when he gave me BJ!

No comments: