Wednesday, July 12, 2017

This is Only a Test

Just finished reading The Blessed Life by Robert Morris. Amazing book I would recommend if anyone's looking for a heart change!

I wanted to share one thing that stuck out to me (that was kind of a side note and not his main point at all. I find God speaks to me through sidelines more often than main points.)

God gives us responsibility in the area of our weakness not to set us up for failure but so we can overcome it and succeed. He isn't punishing or chastising us, but pushing us forward to the success he sees in us.

The example he used was Judas. Jesus is the one who put Judas in the position to be in charge of the money box, knowing he was selfish, knowing he had tendencies to be dishonest (especially with money). But Jesus was giving him opportunity to change, to grow, to go to the next level.

For me, my weaknesses are choosing apathy rather compassion, and frustration when things/people aren't like me or don't do things like I would rather than patience and understanding. So God made me the mother of kids who need compassion and patience, maybe more than others. And kids who are so much different than I am. Their strengths include compassion and caring for others, where I definitely struggle.  Goodness, I fail a lot! But God is giving me the opportunity to succeed in this area and pass this test. There is no way I can do this on my own, but knowing God believes in me (and since he is my source) gives me hope.

I've said before that I needed those kids in my life as much, if not more, than they needed me.  So with a new perspective, I'll keep striving to be more like Jesus and let him change me to be who he needs me to be.

No comments: