Saturday, July 29, 2017

Opportunity?

So I'm just coming off of a not so good confrontation. There were misunderstandings and hurt feelings and miscommunication really. It seems to be the story of my life when faced with an unpleasant issue that needs to be addressed. To say I am less than confident in my ability to effectively communicate would be an overstatement. Things never come out how I plan them to. My clear rational thought get mangled with my feelings and I come across as weak rather than strong and driven by a goal that would be mutually beneficial.

So God thought this was the perfect time for me to be a facilitator of open communication in a different setting and situation all together with different people. I was given this role because it is thought that I'm the best in the group for this position. I'll admit, after the fact, and given time to articulate myself and think through things, I do okay. It's in the moment that I don't do as well. So God is pushing me into this. I really don't want to. I really hate failing and this is where I fail a lot.

This is not the first time I've had to do something I didn't want to do (I know you are shocked!) And I know that if I can learn how to better communicate, especially in high stress times, it will lower my stress and help me in the long run. I won't be held back by my insecurity in this area if I can succeed (with a lot of help from God and the practice I hope to gain.) I have to rely on the fact that God's ways are not my ways. That he knows what's coming down the pipe. That he's preparing me for whatever that is.

So opportunity, here I come...

"God given opportunities often come disguised as man-eating lions. And how we react when we encounter those lions will determine our destiny." 
                                ~Mark Batterson, In A Pit With A Lion on a Snowy Day


No comments: