Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here it is.

So for a while I have thought about getting a blog. I mean, we each have a facebook, and a myspace, and a xanga, but maybe we need an adult blog where I just write what I'm thinking or what's going on for us. -One central place where all the other items can link to and where anyone who is interested in our lives, as simple and sometimes boring as they may be, can know what's going on. So, here it is. B.J. is the web-savey one of us, so I'm sure, once he knows that I have started this, he'll do some adjusting and making the layout and all that stuff better, but for now, this will have to do. I must admit that there are several people, who I have never met, but feel like I know all about because they have blogs and are linked to blogs of people I actually do know or know about. For example, many of my coworker Shannon's friends feel like my friends because I read their blogs regularly and I know all about them, or at least what they share on their blogs. It's very addicting, almost like a TV series, waiting for the next post to see what's happened since my last reading. So, for that reason, I will try to post something interesting, or exciting, or at least something once a week so that all those people who may be reading this that I know or don't know have at least a moment of entertainment or enlightenment into our lives. Someday, when we have kids, this will be the place for all the family to keep updated on the happenings around our house. Someday. So, for all of you who are reading this and know nothing or very little about B.J. and me, let me give you a little background. BJ and I met on the internet in spring of 1999. We started dating in September and got married in May 2004. During our dating years, BJ lived about an hour away for the most part and came down to Grand Prairie to see me every weekend. You could call it a long distance relationship, but I didn't really see it that way. I was very busy with school and playing bass guitar in a Christian rock band, so it was a nice break to see BJ on the weekends, but during the week, I really needed time to take care of school stuff. This way, I didn't have to feel guilty for ignoring him and I could get things done. BJ has always treated me well and he still opens the door for me and buys me little things for no reason at all. I tell people he is the only one that could put up with me and I totally believe that. God sent him my way to deal with me and love me for me. When I was growing up, I never dreamed I would marry someone as quiet and laid back as BJ, but God knew what he was doing when he put us together. God always knows what he is doing! To Be Continued....

1 comment:

B.J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.