Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday

I haven't posted in a week and I'm sure B.J. just can't believe it. The first week I had this blog, I posted almost every day. And now, already, I've abandoned my blog for an entire week. I'm not sure if anyone reads my blog anyway, but just in case, I figured I should post again to keep my promise of at least one post per week. On Friday night we had our church Valentine's Banquet. I was in charge of games and everything went smoothly. We got to sit by Kim and Tony and talk, which hasn't happened in quite a while. They are our best friends and live next door to us, but between their busyness and ours, we haven't really hung out in a while. Saturday we went to Mimis for breakfast. Our hopes were to beat the craziness that is Valentines day dining, but apparently others had the same idea as us. We waited for about 40 minutes, but it was yummy and worth it. Then, we went home and played Monopoly on the Wii for a little while. We took our old couches up to the church and put them in our Sunday School room. The couches have been in our garage for at least 3 months, so I'm glad we got that done. We went grocery shopping and bought all sorts of stuff that we don't usually think about cooking for dinner. I guess we were both getting tired of the same 10 meals. BJ grilled steak which we had with garlic pasta and steamed squash for dinner. We watched Ironman while we ate. This is the first weekend this year that we have both been home and got to just hang out together, so it was nice just spending time together. Sunday was busy with church and then we went over to Kim and Tony's for supper. They invited some of their family over and we joined them. I made homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert and they went fast. It was a pretty nice weekend for us and I got to relax some. Hopefully I will get one more of those before work gets crazy busy again.

No comments: