Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hope

“Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:5). I know that we have all been disappointed by situations and by people. That's a part of life. Because of Christ, I can have hope in all circumstances. I don't have to feel hopeless because God's plans are bigger than mine and he always knows what is best for me. Having hope doesn't mean that I will always get things my way, but that no matter what happens, God will fulfill his plan for me and his plan is for my good. Hope cannot disappoint me because putting my hope in God is trusting his love, which is perfect. God is motivated by his love for me to take action on my behalf. God, thank you for giving me hope.

No comments: