Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

So today is Ash Wednesday which is the start of lent. For lent, instead of giving something up, I have decided to reflect on something I have because of Jesus' sacrifice for me. I hope that this reflection will help me realize all that God has provided for me by the giving of his son on the cross. Abundance -more than enough, more than just getting by, more than I could ever hope for. God promises me abundance in every area of my life. I don't have to settle for barely enough, but can have abundance. This promise reminds me of the song "More Than Enough." "All of you is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me, with your love. All I have in you is more than enough." The issue is not whether God is more than enough, but if we let him be that for us. Do I let God provide me a life of abundance or do I try and rely on my abilities to provide for myself? We live in a world where we are taught self-dependence and not God-dependence. When we learn to rely on God, as he desires from us, we will experience the abundance that he has for us. If I do not take advantage of the abundance God has for me, I am saying his sacrifice to provide me abundance is worthless. God thank you for your abundance in my life. Because of you, I can have an abundance of joy and love and peace.

No comments: