Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's all finally sinking in.

I've been teaching the Stars on Wednesday night at church for a little over a year. If you know me, I'm really big on memorizing scripture and I don't let them get by with anything less than total memorization. I think its really important to know what God's word is telling you and be able to find a verse when you need some encouragement or a weapon to use against the devil. Anyway, last night at class I found Alissa, one of my older girls, encouraging the girls while we were working on memory work. She was telling them that they could do it and the more they work on memorizing the easier it got. I'm so proud! I think I'm finally getting to them. When I first started pushing them to memorize, they fought me, trying to take shortcuts using their short term memory and not really memorizing the verses for long term. Not any more. For the most part, they know what I expect of them and they work extra hard to hide God's word in their heart. I pray that someday, they will see that it was worth all the struggles. And if you've never memorized scripture or don't think you can, I dare you to find a passage that means a lot to you, and memorize it. It gets easier over time. You can do it and God's word will come more alive to you than you ever thought possible. Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

No comments: