Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekend Update

It seems like my weekends are going by faster every week. By the time Monday gets here I can't remember a thing I did since I left work on Friday. Maybe it just takes me a while to really wake up on Mondays. My coworkers would tell you it takes me a while to wake up every day, but that's beside the point. Saturday we went to visit Bop and Marcy. BJ goes up there every other Saturday and I do good to go once a month when I'm not busy working. I figured it may be last time I am able to go up there for a while as tax season is quickly coming upon us. It takes an hour or so to get to Decatur, so I got a chance to read some on the way. I started a book back in January and just haven't gotten back to it in a while. We met them at IHOP for breakfast at about 9. For some reason, IHOP was much busier than usual, so by the time we got seated I was starving. The rest of the day was filled with Phase 10, BJ and Bop going to coffee, a sandwich for late lunch and visiting. It was nice. I slept in the truck on the way home. Sleep is good. I have been so tired lately and it seems like I will never catch up on my sleep. Saturday evening we ran to Hobby Lobby to check out the 50% off wall decor sale and then I worked on my Sunday School lesson. Sunday was filled with the normal schedule plus a luncheon to raise money for Kids Camp and a shower for a lady who has just bought a new house. Sunday evening we had a Miracle Service and God really moved. After that, we went to Denny's for supper with Bro. & Sis. Beard. As you can see, weekends really are no time for me to catch up on anything. On Friday night this coming week, the youth at our church are doing a progressive dinner and I am serving dessert and games on the Wii. It should be fun if I can just get my house back in order and ready for company. Yes, I'm still as busy as I was with school, but its a different kind of busy. I am busy by choice now. I don't know if I'd know what to do if I wasn't always running around doing something.

No comments: