Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Influence of BJ

So BJ is not so much for posting blogs. In the future, you will know BJ has played with the blog if the formatting has changed or there have been pictures added. Currently the influence of BJ is seen in the list of links on the right. No, I do not visit the Texas Fishing Forum, but BJ visits it regularly. It amazes me how fishing brings BJ into his element. If you have ever met BJ, he is very quiet and basically doesn't say anything just to be talking. However, the "friends" BJ has met on the forum, he talks about as if he actually knows them outside of the forum. If he is out fishing and he sees someone from the forum, he actually goes and talks to them. I have no idea how he knows people are from the fishing forum, but that is beside the point. I would never feel comfortable going and introducing myself to someone I only know from the internet. When BJ and I first met in person (see post below) I don't think either one of us said anything. We were in a group of my friends and we each knew who the other was, but starting a conversation with the other was out of the question. Somehow, talking about fishing brings BJ out of his shell. So for that reason, if no other, I'm glad for the fishing forum, even if I do think it is ridiculous how much time one person can spend on there.

No comments: