Monday, May 13, 2013

One Desire

Kari Jobe is my BFF. Seriously!  Every morning and afternoon on the way to and from work (and sometimes during the day) her and I share a special time with God in the car (or at my desk), singing praises to him. We are really close. I am convinced it is a God thing, but the way she says things in her songs is exactly how I would say them. The phrasing and melodies comes so naturally to me.  I got a new Kari Jobe CD for Mother's Day (thanks to BJ and the kids) and I just love it. My new favorite song is One Desire.

In Your presence Lord
I will find my strength
You're the breath in me
You're my everything

With my heart bowed low
And my hands held high
All consuming fire
You're my one desire.


I am praying for a great week. I know that my trip to Galveston this weekend isn't intended to be a time of anything more than relaxation, but I am praying for a time where God can really speak to me and I can be free from the stress of life and just enjoy Him. Just hear him clearly as he leads me into his perfect plan for this season of my life.  Because that doesn't take a great church service or a multitude of people or anything other than just He and I. 

No comments: