Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bigger

Bigger than all my problems bigger than all my fears
God is bigger than any mountain I can or cannot see.
Bigger than all my questions bigger than anything.
God is bigger than any mountain I can or cannot see.

The main point of this song is that God is bigger. Than the struggles. Than the unknown. Than everything.

And that is the truth.

But God brought me to the line that talks about the mountains you can't see. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been just going along in life, pretty normally and was hit head on with an unseen mountain. As a natural born planner, it is definitely easier to deal with a struggle or mountain when it is at least expected. (Although I don't like to borrow worry from tomorrow.) Those unknown, unexpected mountains can knock the breath right out of you and leave you down.

But no matter how the mountains come, you have to just keep getting up. Because the God in you, equipping you, is bigger.

Fear can be paralyzing. The what ifs and the worries for the future and the unknown will keep you from moving past the mountains if you let it.

But God is bigger.

We want to understand what God is doing, even when it is often not in God's plan for us to know. Our questions can be endless and we start to doubt God's ways because he does things differently than we do. Because his ways are higher than our ways. And the devil uses our questions to put a chasm between us and God.

But God is bigger.

No comments: