Saturday, December 6, 2014

He Knows

We are in the car on the way to my sister's house for Lilly's first birthday party. We had sick kids yesterday and really thought we were going to be splitting parental duties and healthy and sick kids, but by the time I got home last night every one was on the mend. They all slept through the night and have not have fevers since yesterday. Praise God for healthy kids because sick kids are no fun!

In the car I have addressed all of the Christmas cards that need to be mailed and worked on my Sunday School lesson.

And in the middle of just doing things that need to get done, the Jeremy Camp song He Knows came on the radio. I don't listen to the radio often, so I am not sure I've heard it before.

He knows. He knows.
Every hurt and every sting.
He has walked the suffering.
He knows. He knows.
Let your burdens come undone.
Life your eyes up to the one who knows.
He knows. He knows.

If you've been around me any amount of time, you know that I have found comfort in the fact that no matter what I am going through and what I cannot seem to grasp or understand about my circumstances, God knows. And understands. I have learned that God knowing (and in his power taking care of me and my needs) is enough for me to be able to bring my burdens to the Lord and leave them there. In his capable hands.

God is sovereign. That means he knows and fully understands every aspect of what I am going through and how it makes me feel and how I respond to it. And he is able to make all grace abound to me. I think I am comforted in an all knowing God because I am an intellectual and like to know as much as possible about whatever is going on so that I can make the best decision and move forward. So when I am weak and cannot know it all (which is often) I can rest in a God who does know all there is to be known.

So I really appreciated that song today. What a great reminder that I am never overlooked or ignored, but I am known, my circumstances are known and God is taking care of me.

No comments: