Sunday, December 7, 2014

Instant In Season and Out of Season

My dad has been sick for a week or so and his voice has been getting less and less because of this. So I showed up at church to find that I would be leading worship, kinda. I would be leading the songs he picked and he couldn't sing but he stood up there as the leader and "sang". It looked pretty normal from the outside, but our lead vocals was no where to be found.

It was weird, but God showed up anyways. I was glad to find that Dad had selected songs in keys I could sing. And somehow because I had no control of the songs and little control over the way things flowed, it was so easy for me. Worship felt very intimate and God just came and loved on us.

When I lead worship, I take a lot of time to plan the songs and the flow. Not that there is anything wrong with planning, but I learned today that in my planning I try to hold on to at least a little bit of control. My desire for things to be "perfect" (even of that means following Gods lead) actually holds me back. I need to learn to trust God more and not over think things.

We are all a work in progress. I love when God shows me where I need his help (although it can hurt my pride sometimes). He shows us where we need to change because he loves us and wants what is best for us.

No comments: