Saturday, December 6, 2014

They Love Each Other

My kids love each other, really they do. And yet my house is constant!y filled with arguing and bickering about things that are so insignificant. Because each of them chooses to pick fights just for the sake of fighting. (Or that's my outsider perspective at least.) No one can say anything in my house without someone disagreeing with you or saying something contrary to start an argument.

I know they are just kids and eventually they will mature and learn to just keep their mouths shut, but right now it just drives me crazy. Saying nothing would be better. So much better.

So today on the way to Wichita Falls, Bj decided that every time they are arguing or being rude to each other the punishment with be a 10 to 15 second hug between the two offenders. This sound so silly but it has already in the first 9 hours or so of implementation been so effective. Especially when we are in public or in front of other people.

Daniel's first response was that it was just going to make they argue more which I told him will just cause more hugging. They all say it isn't working, but believe me it is. If nothing else, they are at least quick to end arguments and not drag it on forever or continuing annoying each other for fun.

So if any of you need a punishment to encourage getting along and the end to the silly arguments I would highly recommend the 15 second hug. Sometimes Bj is just a mastermind. So glad he is on my team.

No comments: