Saturday, November 12, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #11 and #12

I was doing so well and then, well life has been a little crazy here and this hasn't been priority. So I apologize, and will do two days in this one post.

I am thankful for my sister. I would dare to say that over the years she has been my only constant friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Yes, we've had our moments (mainly my moments, mind you) where we haven't exactly gotten along, but I am so glad God gave her to me. Even though I wasn't too thrilled to have a little sister and lose the attention I rightfully deserved, it has all worked out in the end.  She is a Godly woman and has a real heart for worship and ministry.  I am glad we've gotten the opportunity to travel and sing/play together in Splitfish and more recently to lead worship together on several occasions.  Before she moved to Chicago we could just look at each other and know what we were thinking and leading worship together was a breeze.  We are also a force to be reckoned with whenever we play any team game together.  So much so that they have banned us from being partners anymore because we smear everyone else, especially at Pictionary.  I tell you, we have the same mind when it comes to that stuff.  More recently, she has made me the aunt of the most adorable little girl on the planet, Miss Erin.  She is such a sweetheart and I am excited they are coming to visit in less than two weeks. I am also quite excited for our kiddos to meet Jill and Sam and Erin.  This is going to be our first holiday with kids! Yippee!


Secondly, I am thankful for the Sunday School class I teach.  When I started teaching 4 and a half years ago (I think), God was moving me from 1st and 2nd graders to college and career.  If you've ever taught Sunday School, you have to know that is a big change.  From kids to your peers basically. Huge!  But God has used this opportunity to stretch me in ways I never imagined.  I have learned to hear God clearly and let him speak through me to those kids (I use the term loosely since they are only 5-10 years younger than I am). I love my students and am so glad God has put them in my life. Yes, there are times when I feel like I'm talking to the wall or no one is listening, but I know and am convinced that for now, God has me exactly where he wants me and it is such a blessing to be in that place.

No comments: