Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #2

Today I am thankful for my job and coworkers.  I have worked at Sommerville & Associates since August of 2002 and really feel like it has been a Godsend to me.  I have been there since before I finished my undergrad degree and have grown from part time receptionist to CPA and professional over that time. I am thankful that the majority of our clientele and my coworkers are Christians and we can encourage each other and pray for each other on a daily basis.  Because our primary practice is helping religious nonprofits with tax compliance and IRS filings, I feel like it is not just my job, but my ministry.  Yes, there are tax deadlines and stressful times, but for the most part I really love what I do.  

I also am thankful that my employer is very understanding and willing to work with me and is pretty flexible as far as when I work and being able to get off for holidays and family priorities and such.  I know that if something comes up personally that demands my attention, I will not get yelled at if I need to deal with something and need some time off.  With that comes the understanding that the work will get done and as a team we will work together to help each other as much as we can.  I am thankful that I am able to work part time for these first 4 weeks with the kids in order to get things settled and help everyone adjust to the new normal. If I didn't have the mornings to do laundry and dishes and take care of other errands right now, I would be even more crazy than I already am. Honestly, I really didn't think I'd need to take so much time off (because I obviously had never done this before and thought I was Wonder Woman or something), but I am grateful that my employer made me. Because I really need this time right now. For the sake of my sanity and the well-being of my family.

Thank you God for your many blessings!

Disclaimer: The order in which I am posting is not based on priority but on whatever pops into my head at the moment.

No comments: