Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #9

Today I am thankful for parents that live close by and are going to be able to help us with watching the kids before and/or after school. Next week I return to full time work which means K will be staying with one of her grandmothers in the morning before school and grandparents will be picking all the kids up from school in the afternoon. Tonight at dinner (we have dinner every Wednesday night at my parents which includes the 5 of us, my parents and B.J.'s parents) I shared with the grandmas what the plan will be for the next few weeks. I had it in my head that we'd have to leave my house at 7:30 in the morning to go and drop K off and then drive back to the school (which is across the street from my house) and take H&D to school.  Both grandma's said they figured they'd come to our house instead of me driving everyone all over the place.  I'd never even thought about that since I figured it was my responsibility to make this as easy for them as possible, and I am so grateful that they offered. It is nice to feel like they are willing to help us. I mean I should know that since they love our kids a lot, but it is still something I am very appreciative of. It is so nice for the kids to be able to be cared for by grandparents and not have to put them in daycare. I am praying everything will work out as well as it seems that it will. Of course as soon as we have a routine, it'll be the crazy schedule of the holidays, but I've been told kids are pretty flexible so hopefully we can keep moving forward and keep growing as a family.

No comments: