Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Good Stuff About My Kids

Being a parent is tough, but I don't want you to think for one second that I'd have it any other way. Yeah, I cry a lot about good things and bad. Ok, I really cry about everything. And I am hormonal like a new mom without a real hormone imbalance to blame.  And at the same time, there isn't a thing in the world I wouldn't do for my babies.  Yes, they are my babies even though they are 7,6, and 4. And there are moments I carry them around the house like babies and sing lullabies to them because they ask me to.  They are the sweetest most loving kids I could ever ask for.  They are the best huggers in the world. Right now H loves to give me really tight squeeze hugs. The kind that makes you lose your breath each time she squeezes you.  I almost feel like I am getting the Heimlich.  But I love it.  And D is just so sweet. I now understand what my friend Kim said about the love she has for her boys.  If you don't have both boys and girls I'd guess you wouldn't understand.  It's different, but in the best way possible.  He just melts my heart so many times a day. Such a sweet little guy who really wants to please God and tries so hard to be a good listener and to obey mom and dad even though it doesn't always turn out that way. And K. She sings everything.  Makes up songs all day long about whatever is on her mind.  Just like her Grandpa. Such a free spirit, loves to share and play with her older siblings and copy whatever they are doing.  It annoys them usually and I get that since I am the oldest, but it is still so sweet.  She has such a tender heart and gets her feelings hurt when she has to be disciplined for not following the rules. Reminds me of my sister in that way. She loves being the baby and will request to sit on my lap or be carried everywhere, and I oblige quite a bit, because soon I really won't be able to since she is growing like a weed. I asked K this week if our house was full and she said "No, we need more kids. There's room, mom!" Makes me smile.

This weekend they were all so sweet with their baby cousin Erin.  Each of them had their moments of talking sweet to her and entertaining her on the floor and hugging on her.  And she loved them too.  When she gets a little older, they are going to be great friends and baby sitters. Now, if we could just get Erin (and her parents) to the great state of Texas and away from Chicagoland...

And they loved playing and hanging out with their great grandparents.  It was so nice for them to be able to meet them and really get some individual attention before the crowds showed up.  Haley kept saying how she loved how big her new family was. We had 35 on Thanksgiving at my parents house, including 14 kids. (Only 4 of those weren't family)

And those three are going to be great older siblings when God gives us more kids. When. Not if. I am still convinced that God isn't done growing our family. But right now, I'm not rushing things and just enjoying the family he has given us now, at this time in our lives. There is no point in wishing today away, but instead I choose to enjoy the moments, because we can't get them back later.

No comments: