Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #1

November is here and I've decided to try and post each day until Thanksgiving about something I am thankful for.  And it couldn't have come at a better time. 

I am exhausted and stressed and so in over my head, but today I choose to be thankful for my kids. God has entrusted them to me and I am so grateful.  It is all about perspective.  I am quickly realizing you can never be fully prepared for what life with three kids will be like.  I suppose it is different when you raise the kids from birth and add them one at a time, but God didn't choose that plan for us. And that is okay.  I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am often times envious of the normal family.  Sometimes I am angry and overwhelmed with how unfair life has been.  And then I remember God has us exactly where he wants us and these are our kids, even if we haven't raised them from birth.  And He is strengthening us and equipping us to help our kids by His Spirit.

Today I am thankful for sweet moments with our kids...
-Like when K knew I was stressed yesterday and made an effort to give me a hug and tell me that she was glad that we were her forever family and the ones she was looking for.
-Or like tonight when I tucked H into bed and she said she wanted to hug me longer and not let go.
-Or when D hugs me so tight and makes sure to beat me to the punch and say he loves me first.

Because some days I just need to step back and change my perspective. Thank you God for your goodness!

No comments: