Saturday, November 5, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #5

Today I am thankful for tears.  Yeah, I cry all the time. When something is sappy, when I'm stressed, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, at movies, at TV shows, at books. And I'm grateful for the tears, even when they are brought on by sadness or worry. There was a time in my life when I was so apathetic to everything, nothing brought me to tears. I was just going through the motions. My tears tell me that I'm loving and living and putting myself out there. Being vulnerable, in the good and the bad. After I've had a good cry (which seems to be a lot lately) I always feel better. It's a good emotional release for me and I am truly thankful to God for allowing me to cry because I've lived without tears and it was horrible. 

This started out as a kind of serious post, but I am sitting here laughing.  All I can think about is that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond called "Alone Time."  Debra tells Ray that she loves crying, that it makes her feel better.  The show closes with Ray trying to make himself cry to test out Debra's theory, making goofy crying and sad faces with no results.  He gives up and turns on "Soul Sister" and dances in his best white boy way.  It is such a funny episode. It just proves my point, that crying isn't a horrible thing and tears are indeed something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Me said...

This is so true! Ive never thought about it this way before, but I also lived through a period of time of being very apathetic due to medications I was on. Thank You to God for allowing me to get off those horrible medications & thank You God for my emotions!