Sunday, November 20, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #532

At this point I am so far behind on giving thanks each day, that I've decided it isn't even worth trying to catch up. Yeah, life happens. Oh well.  I have gotten further this year than I have any other year, so 13 days in a row is a new record for me.

Today I am thankful for the authority we have in Christ over the devil.  (Ok, so I may step on a few toes in this post based on what you believe in regards to the devil, so if you are easily offended or like to believe the devil doesn't exist and doesn't attack, you may want to skip this one.) Tonight K was having a nightmare.  She has those kind of often (2-3 times a week) and it's actually pretty common for kids who come from hard places. They have endured some horrific things and sometimes they relive it in their minds and through nightmares.  But this was the worse I've ever seen her.  I heard her crying in her bed and went in to wake her up so I could comfort her, but she wouldn't wake up.  I brought her to the living room and continued to try and wake her up for the better part of 20 minutes.  Somewhere in my attempts, I started to pray for her. To assert my authority over whatever was tormenting her. I believe as a parent, I have spiritual authority over the devil and his attacks against my children.  By using God's word and the authority I have, I was able to get her to wake up and whatever was torturing her left. Praise God! I am thankful for the authority over the devil by the blood of Jesus.  I hate that my baby has to be scared and fearful but I will keep attacking the devil and fighting for my kids as long as I have breath and he has no choice but to submit to the authority I have in Jesus.

And I am once again reminded that this is going to be a battle and I'd better be ready to fight the devil and his tactics.  I know a lot about where my kids are coming from, but I wasn't there, and I don't know every opportunity in their lives the devil had to gain influence over them.  And quite frankly it isn't fair for them to have to start behind the ball, spiritually, with so much already that they know and that taints their innocence.  But this is where we are and I am ready for the fight. So, devil you'd better get ready, cause this Mommy is gonna fight hard and isn't going to give up until there is victory and freedom for my kids.

No comments: