Monday, November 21, 2011

Teaching them Young - Giving Thanks

As a sort of continuation from yesterday's post, tonight when I put K to bed I said a short prayer with her (we all say family prayers together at the dining room table) that Jesus would keep her safe and I told the Devil to leave her alone in Jesus name.  We've been talking about how they have authority when they are scared or are having bad dreams to tell the devil to leave them alone because Jesus gave us that power. We've been practicing saying "In Jesus name, stop" and "In Jesus name, Devil leave me alone." So as I finished my prayer that I wasn't even sure she was listening to, her sweet voice said, "In Jesus name, Devil go away and let me sleep."  So sweet. So innocent.  So powerful!  It is just amazing to me how kids learn so fast and trust that whatever you tell them is true (well, as long as you aren't saying something they don't want to happen like time-out or writing sentences, but that is a whole post in itself.) So for now she is sleeping soundly and I am trusting that God is doing what she asked and keeping that pesky Devil away so she can sleep and sleep well tonight.

Today I am thankful for innocent child-like faith that believes God will do what he has promised and is not inhibited by experience or knowledge that introduces doubt and human reasoning into the equation.

No comments: