Sunday, November 6, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day #6

Today I am thankful for my church family. It has been a rough couple of days.  Being a mom is hard, and being an instant mom of three kids that I don't even really know is even harder.  Today I was just frustrated and stressed but my church family knows how to encourage me and lift me up.  I was a wreck today, crying at the drop of a hat, and just an emotional mess.  And I was met with a ton of hugs and prayers.  It is just nice to know people care and when they say they are praying for you, they really are. I have been at my current church since before I turned five, so I've literally grown up there and some of them know me better than some of my biological family.  And I wouldn't change churches for anything.  I love it here.  I belong. God has surrounded me with people who serve the same God as I do and are able to encourage me and keep me moving forward in this journey to be more like God and please him with every part of my life.

No comments: